Our own tips & tricks
Yes, we’ve made you work to get here, these are some of our own secrets.
- All bunnies should be scratched on the head at least 2x a day (more is better)
- All bunnies must have a toy.
- Pine Cones
- Wooden Stick, piece of 2×4, tree branch piece
- Whiffle Balls
- Stuffed Sock (hopefully with angora wool).
- Jersey Glove
- Help your rabbits with stress,
- Handle baby bunnies as soon as you can.В We start on the day they are born! Momma and babies are more social that way!
- “grumpy” rabbits are usually just afraid, guarding their cage.В You are putting your hand in “their house”.
- Changing cage type (top door/front door/size) can stress your rabbit.
- Changing feed can stress your rabbit
- Going to a show can stress your rabbit
- Moving their neighbor can stress your rabbit.
- Rabbits DO talk to each other, they know when other rabbits in the barn are stressed, and happy!
- A “stomp” is your warning, and a grunt can be too.
- Some bunnies do “whine”.
- All rabbits “can” bite. (children can too)